Author Topic: Problem with Sharp GP2D15 in ERSP robot  (Read 3272 times)

Offline NitsuTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Problem with Sharp GP2D15 in ERSP robot
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:11:43 PM »
This is my first post on this forum so hi everyone :)

I've been working lately with my project containing ERSP Scorpion robot. Since i'm weak at C i started programming it with second possible language - python. This was my first time programming with python so i started with simple test programs containing basic commands. I tested what i want and encounter a problem with geting read from GP2D15 digital sensors and bumper sensors installed in robot. Command GetRangeData do not work because GP2D15 is digital sensor that i know, but i didnt found anything else in poor documentation (in python) and librarys that would get me use this sensors. I tried tutorials programs which are contained with this robot but program testing sensors do not work either. But when i tried command Wander robot start move and every single sensor is working, also bumper and digital sensors (but i didnt found library corresponding to this command). I know that among you are people working with ER1 for example, and have experience with programming it in python too and therefore im asking for some help. Anyone know how to get this sensors to work? Maybe some hints, short example program that will show me how to program it?
It will be best in python but in C i will be glad too. I would be grateful for some advices and materials which can help me learning/work with this robot also.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Get Your Ad Here