Author Topic: Miniature Manufacturing System at Home  (Read 1886 times)

Offline ShioTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Miniature Manufacturing System at Home
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:23:06 PM »
I'm starting my own company at home engraving dice with a cnc laser which I have already purchased (its pretty cheap). I bought it with the intention of starting off small and grow into better machinery.

Then after several problems an idea hit me like a ton of bricks. Make my own robot that uses two small laser engravers (then only have to move 4''x4'') and a desktop robot arm (my current employer uses large ones for welding).

I HAVE NO EARTHLY IDEA WERE TO BEGIN.

I have played with pre-made robots and have read, and watched things online about robots, but have never built one. I know what some of the major things I'll need like a robot arm, stepper motors, controllers, laser diodes, power supply, etc. But have no clue how to put it together.

I would also like to thank all those who take the time to read my post and especially those who respond.

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Miniature Manufacturing System at Home
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 03:05:03 AM »
First You need to divide Your project into smaller sub-projects and then give specific questions to us.

Name parts that You have and what exactly You want to achieve in a specific sub-project.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:29:50 AM by newInRobotics »
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W