go away spammer

Author Topic: Need Help for First Robot - R/C Spy Car.  (Read 2272 times)

Offline savc1cTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need Help for First Robot - R/C Spy Car.
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »
Hi guys, I am very new to robot building so I need some help.

For a project, I need to build a 4 wheel remote control car to navigate a course without visibility. I bought a miniature wireless camera and I am going to attach it to the car.

The problem is I have no idea how to buy all the components. I have been researching, but I feel like I have not learned anything. I would appreciate a list of materials I need to build and run an rc car. All it needs to do is go forwards, backwards, and turn (front tires). there is a tutorial on this website but that is for two wheels. I would also appreciate a website that has more information on the subject since I have failed to find one.

Thank you very much!

Offline dellagd

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • Come to the dark side... We have cookies!
    • Exodus Rocketry
Re: Need Help for First Robot - R/C Spy Car.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »
why dont u just mount the camera on the r/c car w/o modding it at all? is there rules for this build or something?
actually, I recently built a r/c spy robot, except I used servos and a model airplane reciever/transmitter and I robot chassis I had lying around. It made for a nice, quick build. I might but a member tutorial on it...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:14:37 PM by dellagd »
Innovation is a product of Failure, which leads to Success.

If I helped, +1 helpful pls

I Won!
3rd place! I'm taking $100

Offline savc1cTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
I already have an unmodified car as a prototype. I attached a picture. The problem is, I am a senior mechanical engineering major, and got involved in this with my professor for me to learn about motors/servos and what not.
I was thinking about building a kit and buying the extras, so do you have any suggestions on good kits I can look at?

Offline dellagd

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • Come to the dark side... We have cookies!
    • Exodus Rocketry
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »
how bout this?
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=r/c+car+kit&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=12286185833100773311&ei=WytyS-jmHtTS8QbtovSwCw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCAQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers
I know its for 12 and up blah blah blah but it doesnt look too big, and it says its a kit. Plus, its only like ~25 dollars which is a good price. small, the tires look tike theyd get good traction, like if the spy bot had to get over a book or something to get to its destination, looks like a good choice to me!
Innovation is a product of Failure, which leads to Success.

If I helped, +1 helpful pls

I Won!
3rd place! I'm taking $100

Offline Comrade117

• Helpful? 0
  • "War is a joke and a waste of time"
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »
You want to navigate bot without direct visual contact? (like, you are in your room and bot is going around the town?) 8)

Offline Team Orr

• Helpful? 0
  • "whats that?" "its a giant robot part obviously!"
    • www.teamorr.com
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 09:11:11 PM »
Jack Orr

"I appear to have built a robot with rather advanced artificial intelligence, with the emphasis very much on the bit in Asimov's laws about rejecting orders and going strange"...

Get Your Ad Here