Author Topic: illustration for servo gear train order?  (Read 3667 times)

Offline SeagullOneTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Humans and Robots working together for our future.
    • Loren John Presley - Author, Artist, Roboteer
illustration for servo gear train order?
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »
Hi!

I've run into a serious road block with my robot. I bought the servo power gear boxes from Servo city and was trying to open the servo so I could do the soldering they described. However, as I was doing this, I popped off the wrong part of the servo while I was trying to get to the circuitry and the gear train spilt out of order!  :o  :'(

I've been trying to get them to fit back to together, but every time it just does work, feel, or sound right. Before I make any further mess I thought I consult some of you experts here  :)

Can anyone point out an illustration for what order the gears go in on a Hitec 805 Giant scale? I've spent the evening trying to google it, but no luck...I guess I just need a little practice googling.

I am on a personal deadline to get the robot finished before October 31st, so any help would be immensely appreciated!

Loren.

P.S. I would've like to purchase the gearbox assembled from Servo City, but my budget was being depleted...
I think the chauffeur did it.

He did.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: illustration for servo gear train order?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 08:20:01 AM »
I own that servo . . . unfortunately its in Louisiana and Im in Bangkok or I'd take a pic for you . . .

I did a quickie google search, no luck either.

Got any other Hitec servos to open up and compare? I'm sure the gearing arrangement is probably exactly the same . . .

Offline SeagullOneTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Humans and Robots working together for our future.
    • Loren John Presley - Author, Artist, Roboteer
Re: illustration for servo gear train order?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:09:32 PM »
Thanks for trying, Admin :)

Okay, fortunately, I was able to somehow arrange them in the right order again, closed the case nice and gently, turned the horn and Oh, yea! Sweet sweet music!

I'll be a little more careful from now on.
I think the chauffeur did it.

He did.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list