go away spammer

Author Topic: $50 Robot board possible update  (Read 2732 times)

Offline AsellithTopic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
$50 Robot board possible update
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:17:15 AM »
i was going to post this on webbots C-library thread but didn't want to hijack it. Admin and webbot both commented on how the library will not support the ATMEGA8 anymore. Are their plans to update the $50 robot tutorial to use the ATMEGA168 that was mentioned? I think it would be worth looking into so that the new people around here have a more versatile chip set to play with and make the system moer upgradeable.

I am also concerned with legacy support for OSCAR type projects. I wanted to make OSCAR the next step for a newbie to take from the $50 robot. By using a ATMEGA168 instead of the '8 then the initial board can go farther while they are more comfortable with it and don't want to take the next big step to the axon.

Generally OSCAR modules will be rather complex for a newbie just out from the $50 robot to put together. Not impossible but it is a big step. So this applies more to pre-manufactured modules being available. But I thought I would bring up the idea of updating the original $50 robot tutorial.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
Re: $50 Robot board possible update
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
There is an add on tutorial that tells you how to swap from a atmega8 to an atmega 168.

http://www.societyofrobots.com/step_by_step_atmega168_swapout.shtml

Get Your Ad Here

data_list