go away spammer

Author Topic: Webpage Controlled Robot  (Read 1880 times)

Offline techspyTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Webpage Controlled Robot
« on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »
I am going to build a rover/car robot with onboard camera that is connected to my network via wifi.

Here is what I have planned;
Onboard PC (running XP on an SD based drive with usb based video capture and wifi) with a servo controller for all actions (forward, backwards, left right, camera pan/tilt etc)
I already have the setup to be able to control the servo controller via a remote PC using mouse, joystick or keyboard input using Servo Commander.
I will be using a server (windows media server?) to stream the video feed.

The problem I am running into is setting up a webpage that will have the video feed and some sort of control to pass to the webserver PC so I can control the rover/view the video from any internet connected PC without having to install any software etc. I would really like to use my android tablet for control as well. Would I need to use a java interface on the webpage?

Ideally I would like to have the video feed and underneath buttons with letters on them that I can press with the mouse or use the keyboard to send the commands. It would also be important that the keypresses revert to "off" or unpressed if there is any loss in connection etc.

So, I have limited programming experience but am able to do all the port forwarding and website setup/hosting etc.

So, can someone point me in the right direction of what I need to learn to make this happen or better yet to some sample code that I can tweak to do what I want?

Thanks!

Offline Kohanbash

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 1
Re: Webpage Controlled Robot
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »
Hi
There are many ways of doing this.
The easiest way is to make a webpage on the robot that you can connect to for controlling the robot.
On the webpage you can use a server side language (such as Perl/CGi or VB script) to trigger things on the computer.

For the webcam the easiest thing is to just have 2 "websites" up. One with your control interface and one with the webcam software. This works for the computer case but not the smart phone case.

Good Luck!
Robots for Roboticists Blog - http://robotsforroboticists.com/

Offline happytriger2000

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Webpage Controlled Robot
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 08:02:49 AM »
Wifi Robot

Computer on board and MSN messenger to watch where the robot go.

Get Your Ad Here