Author Topic: Axon MCU<------------>SSC-32 EEPROM  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Techman09Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Axon MCU<------------>SSC-32 EEPROM
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:34:18 AM »
I have run into a roadblock concerning sequence storing and external sequence triggering, was hoping for some help.

My plan is to store the required sequences via the GP sequencer onto the SSC-32 EEPROM. Then I would like to be able to use the Axon Microcontroller in order to summon these sequences.

I understand that UART is going to be the means of communication, however, will I merely be sending an 8-bit number to trigger sequences (like from 1 to 128), this is how I am communicating with my DC motor controller, or is the means of communication in some other form.

I have looked but I could not find much information, maybe I missed something. Thanks.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Axon MCU<------------>SSC-32 EEPROM
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:08:12 AM »
My plan is to store the required sequences via the GP sequencer onto the SSC-32 EEPROM. Then I would like to be able to use the Axon Microcontroller in order to summon these sequences.

I understand that UART is going to be the means of communication, however, will I merely be sending an 8-bit number to trigger sequences (like from 1 to 128), this is how I am communicating with my DC motor controller, or is the means of communication in some other form.
I don't quite understand your question.

Do you mean you want to use the Axon to control the SSC-32? Or you want the Axon to read the values stores in the SSC-32 EEPROM?

I assume you want to store the sequences in the Axon memory, then use UART to send them out to the SSC-32 using 8-bit numbers?

Offline RKM83

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »
Hey Admin-

Would one be able to create sequences with something like the SSC-32 sequencer program and save to Axon and then send to SSC-32?  Or has any one created a Graphical Motion program for the Axon?

Thx-

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 11:14:51 PM »
I'm not familiar with the SSC-32 sequencer program . . . but I've made up dozens of sequences by hand on my Axon (stored as simple arrays) for use on complicated robots. Its not that complicated actually.

For example, my ERP.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list