Author Topic: Wavefront Algorithm for a Cleaning Robot?  (Read 3886 times)

Offline the jeenyusTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Wavefront Algorithm for a Cleaning Robot?
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:13:07 PM »
Hello. I am attempting to construct and program a cleaning robot and would like to ask if the wavefront algorithm is an appropriate approach to doing this. I plan to preprogram obstacles, but the catch is that the robot will not find one desired path but instead sweep out every passable node. If I were to program this I believe I would have to assign the path that the robot beforehand instead of the robot finding it, but I am not too good at programming so I would like advice on this. Thank you in advance.

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
Re: Wavefront Algorithm for a Cleaning Robot?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 02:37:17 AM »
It depends what type of cleaning robot your trying to make.... I'll assume you mean a vacum... for this a wavefront algorithm will work.... as fa as choosing best paths I think it should have preferences such as
if forward is clear go forward...
if forward is not open test sides and side with most open space go that way...
the problem will be keeping a steady path... I think it willl be about of equall difficulty if you have it make its map or you make it... making it willl be a pain unless you code some type of gui.... imo
you will probably have to move it between rooms another option is having some type of RFID for room identification but were your not that strong of a programmer i really dont suggest it
my english teacher once said, "dont talk about what you dont know in public...."

so I replied the truth, " Exactly why I dont ever talk about English."

Get Your Ad Here