go away spammer

Author Topic: Axon uploads program, does nothing  (Read 1643 times)

Offline thesa1nt01Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Axon uploads program, does nothing
« on: July 04, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »
So I'm just getting started with my Axon and I'm having intermittent symptoms, least often of all is that the program actually runs.

First I want to point out that during all of this:
  • I ensured the battery was charged to at least 6 volts during testing (being watched with a multimeter)
  • 22 servos are plugged in, a 5DoF accelerometer, and 2 Sharp GP2D12 Rangefinders (didn't think this would matter since this is what the Axon is designed for right?)
  • Each of my four batteries are rated for 2300 mAh and capable of delivering 70 A cont but I have the current limited with 3 8 Ohm 20 W resistors wired in parallel to ground
  • The power LED always comes on but the status LED sometimes comes on, sometimes doesn't, sometimes blinks find of.
  • The Axon button does nothing

I am experiencing issues ranging from the program uploading but not verifying, verifying but not working, not uploading but still seeming to run the program. This has happened with my program, axon_ser.hex , axon_tst.hex

I get nothing from hyperterminal

Sometimes the program seems to run fine for a short period, sometimes not at all.

Any ideas?

Offline thesa1nt01Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: Axon uploads program, does nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »
Ok, so immediately after writing this post I realized what I did wrong. By placing the power resistors in-line with ground bus that went to the Axon I created a floating ground which was messing up the 5v logic.

After I put the resistors in-line with the Vcc everything worked flawlessly!

I guess this should really be in the electronics section.

Peace be with ye!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list