go away spammer

Author Topic: Bought a pic32 microcontroller / wondering how to let it control motors...  (Read 5760 times)

Offline JudanTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
I bought a Pic32 Starter kit micro controller and it dosent come with pins to use motors... should i have bought this micro controller and what could i do to put pins for motor use on it etc...

Pics of microcontroller:
http://www.microchipdirect.com/productsearch.aspx?Keywords=PIC32MX,DM320001,SW006015,MA320001,AC244006,MA320002,DM320002,DM320003,AC320002

Thanks ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 04:12:27 AM by Judan »

Offline Bajanick

• Helpful? 0
Re: What motor should i use
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:56:29 PM »
This site can help you with that type of bot.........

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/store.html

navigate to the motor section and you should be able to find a good motor for your application.

• Helpful? 0
hmm idk :S

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
you can't put motors directly on it.you need a motor driver (such as a h-bridge, for dc motors), and you will have to connect the motor driver to the microcontroller's pins.
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

• Helpful? 0
hmm ye ok but my problem is i dont have any pins for that on it and i was wondering what i could use on the extention type thing on the bottem to make it have pins  ???

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
you have a big connector there. that probably has all the pins you would ever need.
what kit is it anyway? are the new PIC32s any good? btw, how much did it cost, and where have you bought it from?
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

• Helpful? 0
Its a Starter kit go on the link i sent and its 3rd one down its like $61 aus dollers and also can you tell me how you join servos / motors to the thing or do i need to put a extension for pins on it im like mega beginna i know crap all lol ???

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
i am not familiar with that kit, but i assume the big connector has most of the pins.
as i have said before, you can't attach a motor directly to those pins.

you need to first, get a suitable mating connector, then, add wire to it, and at the other end, connect the wire to male pins (for breadboarding). from there, you should experiment to how the connections actually are, by flashing led, sending parallel data, etc.
when you know that, make a simple h bridge on the breadboard, and command it from the kit's pins. you can attach a motor to the h-bridge.

for a servo, just stick two power pins in the servo connector, and one wire (possibly with a suitable connector, like male headers) with its connector on the signal input of the servo mechanism.

Get Your Ad Here