go away spammer

Author Topic: Hexapod does IK with Axon!  (Read 5466 times)

Offline AdminTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Hexapod does IK with Axon!
« on: November 22, 2009, 07:52:23 PM »
Pretty neat Axon-controlled hexapod!

Designed, built and programmed in about record 3 weeks! It runs C on an Axon microcontroller. It uses all digital servos and can lift over twice its body weight. The software (soon to be given out open source) allows for 6 synchronous degrees of motion. Future additions will include foot sensors and a remote control option.

Pumpkin Dance: Introducing the Creeper 2

Offline happy_hippo

• Helpful? 0
    • Read Stuff Here
Re: Hexapod does IK with Axon!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:02:52 PM »
Hello :) sorry to revive an old thread, but is that source code available somewhere to download now? thanks
 :P
??? -> :D

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »
You will have to email him for it (go to his youtube account).

Offline wdbarnwell

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 04:38:59 PM »
I built a hexapod using this person's code, but I noticed that he uses digital servos and I use analog servos (I didn't see this before.) I have never got mine to work.  The only thing that it does is when I power it on, the servos go to the center position.  I can get the LED on the joystick to come on, but that is it. Does it have to have digital servos to work? The servos that I use are Hitec HS-322HD. Thanks...

Offline georgeecollins

• Helpful? 3
    • Backyard Robots
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
In this case the kind of digital servos he is using are the same as analog servos so it should work fine. 

I don't know where to find this code.  If I could see it would help me figure out the problem.  But let me make some educated guesses.  Since the servos move to a neutral position when you power it on it sounds like you have power to the servos and your software is sending out pulse widths in at a reasonable speed.  If either were not the case, if would not center the servos. 

So perhaps the signal to move the robot is not being received either because of a problem with the joy stick or with software.  Try modifying the program so that it always tries to walk forward without input, just as default behavior.  If it moves you know the problem is with your input system. 

Offline wdbarnwell

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »
Was going to upload the Axon.aps file but this site won't let me and It only allows 5 files per post and there a whole lot more than 5 C and header files than that.  Thanks for your help.

Offline georgeecollins

• Helpful? 3
    • Backyard Robots
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:19:14 PM »
When I am making a legged robot I usually write a little test application to center and then move each servo through it's range.  This helps with calibration and to make sure each individual servo is working.  I would try this before I ran a more complicated program. 

Offline wdbarnwell

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »
Here is a link to download the code that I am using.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/axonhexapod/ 

I think that all or some of this code was written by wghost9. I've read the tutorial from this link.

http://www.societyofrobots.com/axon/axon_getting_started_bootloader_OLD.shtml

I may have the joystick connected wrong or I'm over looking something that is probably simple and don't realize it.

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »
Was going to upload the Axon.aps file but this site won't let me and It only allows 5 files per post and there a whole lot more than 5 C and header files than that.  Thanks for your help.
Yea, I do that to encourage the use of .zip files :P

Offline wdbarnwell

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »
Yea, I do that to encourage the use of .zip files

I posted the link to download the code so that one doesn't have to use .zip files.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list