go away spammer

Author Topic: Potentially New Product? - Xbee Receivers , make stuff wireless  (Read 1631 times)

Offline airman00Topic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Hey All!

I haven't been around much - too busy with college, life, and my business. To be honest I've shifted away from robotics, ended up in electronics and industry control.

Anyways, I wanted to get some input on a new product I might release.

There are screw terminals on the sides that you might not be able to see in the picture. I made these guys for a client a while back, and was thinking of bringing it to the robotics/electronics field.

They are essentially Xbee receiver boards, allowing you to easily make "stuff" wireless. Relays and higher current transistors onboard allow easy connection.

Of course on the transmitter side any Xbee, or Xbee USB board will due, but I also have a transmitter that you can talk to over an audio line ( this is the part that needed the real engineering ;)  ).

So my question is twofold:
Do people want this sort of thing?
What kind of transmitter interface would most people prefer?

I'm imagining this easy to use system where people just wire up random things and control them wirelessly. For example, this is a crude demo I made where everything is controlled wirelessly.
[youtube]ESM Demo Video[/youtube]
The audio output of a single iPod is what controls the whole shebang and syncs to music. I know performers want this sort of thing, would hobbyists like a modified version that they can control using microcontrollers and switches and what not?

I should be lurking about these forums a bit, see how things have changed ;)
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Potentially New Product? - Xbee Receivers , make stuff wireless
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 04:41:30 PM »
You are aware I have a product coming out soon that pretty much already does this, right? :P

http://www.societyofrobots.com/axon_mote/

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
Re: Potentially New Product? - Xbee Receivers , make stuff wireless
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 10:59:50 PM »
I don't think this and Mote are comparable, except for the fact that Mote could be made to do the same thing with additional hardware.

airman's board seems to be a simple 'wireless relay' for distributed device control; a targeted use unlike a general micro controller like Mote.

airman, the video seems to lag control a bit to the music, or maybe it was suppose to be that way? What's the delay from sending a command and the receiver responding?

And here's the video since it's broken in your post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qFNNfV8jV4#

Get Your Ad Here