Author Topic: Roborealm and Axon serial communication  (Read 4712 times)

Offline ResilientTopic starter

• Helpful? 4
Roborealm and Axon serial communication
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
I am trying to interface the Axon with Roborealm software (NOT the servo controller, but a more general serial interface).

I can connect just fine and I can send data to the Axon just fine, but it buffers all incoming data from the Axon until I disconnect then on reconnect, everything in the buffer gets dumped to the serial module in Roborealm.

My function is simply this:

Code: [Select]
while(1)
{
rprintf("hi!\n");
delay_ms(500);
}

I connect, nothing happens, I wait a few seconds, I disconnect, then I push reconnect, then like 10 lines of hi!<cr><lf> show up.

I asked at the Roborealm forums and they are looking into it, but I was wondering if anyone here had experience with serial communication, Roborealm and the Axon. It outputs just fine to Realterm (With the exact same flow control etc.), so it doesnt seem to be a hardware problem.

• Helpful? 4
Re: Roborealm and Axon serial communication
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 04:29:37 PM »
Webbot, maybe you can help me out if you read this.

rprintfProgStrM("Hello world\n"); works. This will output text just fine in roborealm.

rprinf("Hello world\n"); buffers in roborealm and does not print until I disconnect and reconnect.

I was looking through the code and am not clear on how these two are ended. Whatever happens at the end of the rprintfProgStrM function makes Roborealm print the text. Whatever happes at the end of rprinf does not.

Ideas?

EDIT, never mind, they both don't work. I just tested rprintfProgStrM without a delay so it would fill the buffer really fast then dump so it looked like it was working. When I added the delay, they both don't work.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:12:24 PM by Resilient »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 12:46:29 AM »
Hmmmm sounds like a problem on the RoboRealm side. I'm not familiar with the RR serial module, but perhaps there is a setting you are doing right? It sounds like it is storing everything in a buffer for future use, but its not being told to use the data.

• Helpful? 4
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »
It was a problem on the Roborealm side.  However, they patched the software and it works great now!

Get Your Ad Here