Author Topic: SoR challenge: Search and Rescue!  (Read 7094 times)

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
Re: SoR challenge: Search and Rescue!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 03:39:19 AM »
Will post it as soon as I can get around to do some work on it!

Just got asked to be one of the solar car drivers and builders for the up and coming world solar challenge, I have spent a lot of my time on working on the car :P

Hopefully will get around to the robot soon! If I cant get it posted soon for the competition I will make an effort to post it any way to show what I have done and the way that I have gone about doing what I have done.

Offline Metal Slug 2

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:48 AM »
Just got asked to be one of the solar car drivers and builders for the up and coming world solar challenge, I have spent a lot of my time on working on the car :P

:) That is incredible! If I may ask, how did you come across this opportunity?  This sounds really fun!

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 11:13:20 PM »
Well I due to my interests in mechanical and electrical engineering an such, in 2009 i was signed up to do statistics and logistics but i was then moved to navigator and car maintenance due to the need for navigators.

There fore this year when I found out there was going to be another car race I asked how can I get involved an I will hopefully get to drive this year, along with the other mechanical and electrical work that is yet to be done.

By the way, it was through Energy education Australians combined secondary schools team. below is this year car in its original un restored state.

http://www.energy.edu.au/EEA_SolarCar-1.html#

So this is the reason for lack of robot progress in recent times :D

Offline Metal Slug 2

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 06:10:34 AM »
Wow, that is incredible! Thanks!
I'll have to look into opportunities like this to participate in as well =)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list