Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

How do I waterproof?

<< < (3/3)

Sergius:
Im curious. on the primary page, did the servos that were waterproofed useing the mineral oil make little sound?
this would make sence as all the mechanics are submerged.

gamefreak:
I'd go with the hydrophone instructions that Admin posted, but is it just me or is that just a normal microphone? and then wouldnt thta move in the canister and cause some noise?

Brandon121233:
I don't want to sound stupid for pointing this out but I'm pretty sure underwater sonar is very different from that which is used in regular air. Especially the rate at which you can send out pings.
--- Quote from: zamboniman60 on February 10, 2006, 08:43:10 PM ---I'm thinking that I'll make a half-sphere out of resin and put the sonar in that, then modify the circuit a bit.

--- End quote ---
This could also be potentially very difficult to implement since you would have to account for the fact that sound travels at different speeds in different mediums (like fresh water, salt water, air, resin) it would be better to stick with a sonar system meant to be used in water. Like this http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap178c/, if this has nothing to do with what you guys are talking about, or you realize the above-then sorry for barging into the conversation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version