go away spammer

Author Topic: Prediction about robots  (Read 1655 times)

Offline smashing robotsTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • Robots
Prediction about robots
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »
What is your predictions regarding robots market by 2015?

My prediction is that the robots market will double every years until 2015.
You can read my articles about robots on www.intorobotics.com

Offline Crunchy Theory

• Helpful? 0
  • "Well great is ok, but amazing would be great."
Re: Prediction about robots
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:38:36 PM »
What about the robot market? Products? Competition? Sales? Capability?
The only way to top an upright screen, keyboard, and mouse is to eliminate the need for humans to touch a PC at all. Oh, hello there Mr. Robot... what would I like you to do, you ask?

Offline AtomHex

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
I think that the Robot tech and usage will probably double but only among those of us already into it...I find that the majority are afraid that the robots will take over their jobs and such, which may be true anyways because there are fewer and fewer non retired people and no one to take their place in the work force.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:41:12 AM »
Hi,

My prediction is that the robots market will double every years until 2015.
I think that your optimistic guess is influenced by a fairly recent interest in robotics on your side.
It's a well know psychological phenomenon, that once you're geared towards something, you pick up info that would otherwise have passed you by without notice.
Just like 10 years ago when I met my GF who had a Peugeot at that time. Previously I hadn't noticed many of them and suddenly they were all around.

Robotics is a rather old thing, well established, finding new niches on a regular base, but unless we see a quantum leap, there's no real indication that it would even double for the entire 4 year period. Your awareness of it just might however.

I consider robotics as a fairly mature technology. There's always room for improvements and they will come trickling along the way, but the whole A.I. thing, once predicted as the savior of robotics, has been very disappointing so far.

This reminds me... Back in 2002, I took a wager from several optimistic engineers that claimed, that by January 2010, most lighting applications would be by LED's rather than fluorescent and/or halogen lamps which they would surpass with a lower pricetag than the other technologies. The only one supporting my quite pessimistic prediction, was a died-in-the-wool old school technician.
The wager was a dinner for the involved (with SO's) and the looser would pick up the bill - I kinda let it slip by me (in the aftermath of a pulmonary thrombosis added to my non-curable rheumatic arthritis and a perhaps "curable" osteoporosis), but it's a year overdue and as I predicted then, somebody owe me a huge dinner  ;D
Wonder if they're ready to stand by their word though.

Thanks for reminding me  ;D ;D
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Hawaii00000

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:36 AM »
I predict that robots aimed toward the common man will become much more popular in the coming years. Things like those robot vacuums or lawn mowers. On the commercial side, robots are already quite common. I think they'll get more common over the years, but nothing exponential.
"God chose to make the world according to very beautiful mathematics."
-Paul Dirac
Its Hawaii Five-O. Get it?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list