go away spammer

Author Topic: IR rangefinder built up from 50 dollar robot parts  (Read 4101 times)

Offline MarvinTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
    • burghsbetterhomes
IR rangefinder built up from 50 dollar robot parts
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:46 AM »
InfraRed rangefinder robot. I don't know if this will prove of any use to anyone other than a beginner, maybe more useful is where a beginner can source parts? The mechanics are mostly hardware from bunning's hardware. The actuators (rob's)/ sensors are from little bird electronics. Electronics from futurelec.

[youtube]6VbJC_5rhfc[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:59:31 AM by Marvin »

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: IR rangefinder built up from 50 dollar robot parts
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:59:05 AM »
Ah, i see your an aussie!
Good little bot you got there, got any further details of it?
Howdy

Offline MarvinTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
    • burghsbetterhomes
Re: IR rangefinder built up from 50 dollar robot parts
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 10:17:58 PM »
hi fellow Aussie?
I have scrapped the parts from this bot, to make a 4 wheel (4 actuator drive) differential drive robot. The rear wheels are omni-wheels that allow a sliding movement to the side. The only problem so far as i have just assembled it is the actuators are sometimes turning at a constant fast speed and sometimes locking up (stalled) and vibrating it seems to occur on one set of wheels then later on another set. Then sometimes the robot just stops until the MCU? Or maybe it's just the power is reset.
I am going to check the actuators three wires pow, earth, signal and see if they are crossing and leading to signal distortion. I have some capacitors 10 u faradays i think, parallel to the power and earth.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list