go away spammer

Author Topic: want to measure gauge of a sheet .  (Read 1946 times)

Offline karmaxTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
want to measure gauge of a sheet .
« on: November 27, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »
i want to make a device which can measure gauge of a sheet .i have machine in which plastic sheet always moves and during that time i want to measure gauge of sheet any help will be appreciated

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: want to measure gauge of a sheet .
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
Hi,

If the plastic sheets are of the same material each time, a capacitive sensor could be used.
If they are of the same color (and material) and more or less translucent to infrared, that might be a way to go.
Or you could go extremely low tech and make a mechanicel sensor (perhaps with an electronic readout).

Would it be for a adjusting the gauge of the sheets, or whar is the purpose of measuring it?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 10:43:38 AM »
Hi,

If the plastic sheets are of the same material each time, a capacitive sensor could be used.
If they are of the same color (and material) and more or less translucent to infrared, that might be a way to go.
Or you could go extremely low tech and make a mechanicel sensor (perhaps with an electronic readout).

Would it be for a adjusting the gauge of the sheets, or whar is the purpose of measuring it?

first of all thanks a lot for replying alll time material are of diff type thats the main problem.we have to make some product of constant weight and weight is defined by gauge of sheet .thats why i want to constantly measure gauge if there is any problem i can shutdown the machine and change the sheet

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »
Hi,

What measures are possible and what tolerances are needed?

Does the sheets run over a hard roller at some place?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »
Hi,

What measures are possible and what tolerances are needed?

Does the sheets run over a hard roller at some place?

actually our final product depend on  gauge of sheet .so i want to constantly see the gauge of sheet .ya sheet run over a hard roller some place is it matters?

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 01:54:19 PM »
Hi,

[...] ya sheet run over a hard roller some place is it matters?
It may  make things easier for you.
You can get a away with using a less precise sensor arrangement if you make something like this:

Still, without knowing the range of possible gauges and the tolerance needed, it's hard giving specific advice about the sensor.
Regards,
Søren

Please remember...

Get Your Ad Here

data_list