go away spammer

Author Topic: Help in location  (Read 5040 times)

Offline amanorenzorobotTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
  • girls r evil
Help in location
« on: July 18, 2007, 04:26:50 AM »
Well, I can't buy stuff online(don't got a credit card)and I'm only in Grade 7. How to get parts for a first robot?I live in the Philippines
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 04:36:27 AM by amanorenzorobot »
Goal:1st robot

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
  • girls r evil
Re: Help in location
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 04:29:09 AM »
Well...am I even allowed to make a robot at my age?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 04:37:33 AM by amanorenzorobot »

Offline KambeiX

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
Why not?

Try looking at local electronics, hobby and hardware stores, ask if they sell microcontrollers, servos, etc.

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:36:01 AM »
There is no robotics store in Romania. So we are in the same boat. But there are a few electronics stores that sell microcontrollers and all the electronics necessary. And there are a couple Remote Controll Hobby stores, and they sell boats, planes and R/C cars. These stores sell servos (not cheap unfortunately...).

Things we don't find in our country are things made especially for robotics use, like Sharp IR sensors, ultrasonic sensors, compass, gyro, accelerometers, gearhead motors, gear boxes and so on. To order such parts from internet is not easy eighter, because of hackers abuse in the past. We have to relay on friends abroad to get whatever we need. Things are getting better though.

Basically, if you don't get help from parents or other relatives, try talking to the computer stores for bad CD-roms to get motors and gears to drive a robot, TV repair stores for parts from old VCRs (lots of electronics on VCR boards, IR sensors, push buttons, LEDs...). So all you need to order are the microcontroller, the programmer, and a few other parts hard to find.

Good luck!
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Offline Steve Joblin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
    • Roebotz
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 01:39:50 PM »
amanorenzorobot - I would ask your school teacher to help you... maybe there is a robotics program at a local University that may be able to provide you with some free parts to get started.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
  • girls r evil
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 08:29:44 AM »
thanks 4 all guyz but there is a counter to all those, sry:4 the robotics program in school thing, there is none becoz nobody in this country does that and i shud know, its my school, and for the electronics, hobby, hardware and computer stores i dont know any. sry but i really do appreciate all ur effort!!tnx!

Offline Mahawi

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 08:41:13 PM »
i also live in the philippines i am 15 years old a 4th year student i also want to create 1 but i dont know  a place where i can buy parts  that is needed to create a robot ..  i really want to build my own robot//

Offline creedcradle

• Helpful? 0
  • Physics Robotics
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
Members who are in the Philippines. Im from Philippines too.

Here are the local electronic stores:

1. www.e-gizmo.com
2. http://philippines.rs-online.com/web/
3. http://ph.farnell.com/
4. www.alexan.com.ph

You can also visit the Philippine Electronic Forum for Roboticist and Hobbyist on the following address:

www.electronicslab.ph/forum

-creedcradle
LEARN TO SHARE and SHARE TO LEARN!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list