Author Topic: autonomous robots  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Ana_DigTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
autonomous robots
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »
What are the subjects that I need to learn to understand who to convert a car to autonomous car, like computer vision, path planning and others subjects in artificial intelligent (what are these subjects?) and what more subjects?

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: autonomous robots
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
Hi :)

To start with I'd first go with simple robot that uses IR Sharp sensors or Ultrasonic Rangefinders. Computer vision could be next step, however it is very expensive and demanding knowledge-wise. Artificial Intelligence is simply a fancy word for decision making and is a very broad topic, many difference concepts can represent AI starting with simple Fuzzy Logics and ending with some sophisticated algorithms that involve Artificial Neural  Networks, hundreds of sensors and massive databases.

To go simple in order to convert RC car to autonomous robot I say go with something like $50 Robot (autonomous light seeker).

Good luck :)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Get Your Ad Here

data_list