Author Topic: AVRISP MKII ... again...  (Read 4425 times)

Offline ranarubraTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
AVRISP MKII ... again...
« on: December 12, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »
Hello,

I'm new here. Could someone help me out? I started building he 50$ robot and ordered all the stuff from the US (cost me a little bit more on transport & tax) to build the first Dutch 50$ robot. I managed to follow the manual up to step 3b. In my order was the AVRISP MKII programmer.

I read the post about the 6 pin programmer...

The more expensive programmer should come with two cables, one for 6 pin and one for 10 pin. You will have to open up the programmer and install the 10 pin cable. The instruction booklet for the programmer has pics/instructions on how to do this.

my programmer did not come with a 10 pin cable!! only the 6 pin cable is included. Is there someone with experience on this subject? Is there a schematic for the 6 pin controller available, or will it not work at all? ??? ??? ???

It also as a usb cable in stead of a serial cable. But that's the next chapter for me, first overcome this step.

Offline GearMotion

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Two decades+ of Embedded Design
    • CircuitGizmos
Re: AVRISP MKII ... again...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 11:15:43 AM »

Take a look at this information. It is a build of the $50 robot controller board, but with parts placement for the 6-pin programming header.

- - - - -

You might be interested in the CircuitGizmos build of the $50 robot circuit board controller if you are having some difficulty understanding the step involved with the controller assembly, or if you need to implement the 6-pin programmer header.

The SoR $50 Robot instructions have a handful of steps for building the $50 robot. Steps 3A, 3B, and 3C have to do with making the electronics of the robot. Step 3B specifically is the step that has to deal with building the controller board. Step 3B also shows board assembly if you have a 10-pin AVR programmer, where here in this blog the 6-pin programmer is used.This blog entry will highlight steps that will help make your controller assembly a little more likely to succeed.

The CircuitGizmos (www.circuitgizmos.com) GCSORKIT1 gets you more than all of the parts that you need to build this controller card.

Part 1: Making soldering easier.

http://circuitgizmos.com/wordpress/?p=471

Cleaning and tinning is a key thing to do to the board to make it much easier to assemble the controller board.

Part 2: Parts placement.

http://circuitgizmos.com/wordpress/?p=488

The $50 controller board in the SoR tutorial uses the 10-pin header. The blog goes through making the board with correct parts placement for the 6-pin header.

Part 3: 6-pin header connections.

http://circuitgizmos.com/wordpress/?p=502

The specifics of wiring the 6-pin header to the controller board.

I hope that helps. Please leave comments or questions.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list