go away spammer

Author Topic: How to Make Some Robot Money  (Read 4369 times)

Offline DluberusTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
How to Make Some Robot Money
« on: June 09, 2007, 07:21:03 PM »
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if their ideas for making more money so you can buy your robot parts. You see, I'm only 13 and have been interested in Robotics/Robots for a long time but haven't been able to get the money and buy the parts. I heard of this guy who goes to K-State (in Manhattan, Kansas) who got a $200,000 grant to build his robots for the college. So that's why I was wondering if anybody had any "fundraising" ideas.

Offline Steve Joblin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
    • Roebotz
Re: How to Make Some Robot Money
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 07:36:57 PM »
I assume you read the details at this link... http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotfunding.shtml

$200,000 is a lot of money!!!! I wouldn't plan on raising that kind of scratch, but hard work and persistance will help you get to your goals.  At 13, I think your choices are 1) asking Mom or Dad for money by doing chores; 2) asking Mom or Dad for money to support your worthy hobby; 3) working at a fruit stand or other type job where they can employ kids; or 4) sell your kidneys and other unused body parts on ebay

Set a plan... decide what you want to do, what parts you need, how much they cost, then go from there... it may be easier for you to reach your goal if you know what it is!

Offline maverick monk

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 08:00:31 PM »
do what i am doing, BUDGET, build stuff from things you have lying around, steal parts from old toys (batteries are especialy usefull) get somone to be a partner ( ie, they help with money) maby, if it will see alot of view on the internet or be entered in a contest, try to get sponsored by small local companies. sell old toys, live off of raman noodles for a month if you have too, do what you must.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 09:25:57 PM »
Thanks! What was the exact budgeting you did. What do you suggest is the best and easiest thing to do?

Offline maverick monk

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 05:24:07 AM »
im using stuff from around my house, hardware i found, a battery from an old rc plane, pvc sheet from a project my dad did, and my chassis cost <20$ http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=70108&FVPROFIL=++&search3=Go
my driver cost ~10 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=70097&FVPROFIL=++

and... thats all i got so far, if you can solder or know somone who can, build your own circut board. ( i cant and dont so im buying one) and then you might spend 30-40 bucks on a programer and sensors. i should have my tutorial done by the end of July

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 06:28:03 AM »
Thanks! Can you email me that tutorial when your done? My email is: [email protected].

Get Your Ad Here

data_list