go away spammer

Author Topic: 50$ robot build error  (Read 3411 times)

Offline raf0079Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
50$ robot build error
« on: April 27, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »
so i am trying to get the code for the 50$ robot to compile but every time i try and build the program i get these two errors:

/usr/bin/sh: /dev/null: No such file or directory
Photovore_v1.c:108: fatal error: opening dependency file .dep/Photovore_v1.o.d: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Photovore_v1.o] Error 1
Build failed with 2 errors and 0 warnings...

i have followed the tutorial to the letter and i am not using vista, any ideas?

Offline hazzer123

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
Re: 50$ robot build error
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »
I dont understand... you are using WinAVR and AVR studio on linux?
Imperial College Robotics Society
www.icrobotics.co.uk

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »
i'm using windows XP and AVR Studio, i just read a few post that had a similar problem but that was attributed to Vista so i wanted to show that i was not using vista

Offline hazzer123

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »
Oh... sorry i don't really know much about this software myself, but the text - "/usr/bin/sh: /dev/null: No such file or directory" - made me confused. These are linux directories.

Im sure someone will come along and help you soon :)
Imperial College Robotics Society
www.icrobotics.co.uk

Offline Miles

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »
When you downloaded the zip file did you put it in the right folder as the tutorial said? I think i had a problem like this once because i renamed some of the folders but as long as you put it in the correct folder with correct names it should work.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:40:47 AM »
i placed the source files in this location C:\My_Robots\Photovore_v1 which to my understanding was what the tutorial said, i also noticed a discrepancy in the tutorial that stated the source files should be in C:\My_Robots\Photovore_1 so i tried that one as well and received the same error msg.

Offline Miles

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 02:21:33 AM »
Did you modify anything in any of the codes? I would recomend downloading the zip again just incase something went wrong but i'm not sure how to fix your problem.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:05:01 AM »
i have not modified the code at all, i have downloaded the zip a couple of times so i do not think it is that. i have also tried to write my own code but i still get this error msg:
/usr/bin/sh: /dev/null: No such file or directory
so i am thinking it has something to do with the install of the AVR Studio, so i am going to unistall and reinstall both programes and try agian

Offline Miles

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 06:55:54 PM »
Did you download WinAVR? because i think the code grabs some files from there. So you need WinAVR and also AVR Studio.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 03:18:58 PM »
so i fixed the error, it was the windows Null device that was not running that caused the error, the resolution involved editting the reg key's, if you know hoe to here is the link to the discussion that lead me to the resultion:

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?module=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=41339&highlight=

got to put a warning(My IT Support side) DO NOT EDIT REG KEYS IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!! it is the easiest way to mess up your computer

Offline justkilintyme

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 07:37:31 PM »
I am getting the same error,
Photovore_v1.c:108: fatal error: opening dependency file .dep/Photovore_v1.o.d: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Photovore_v1.o] Error 1
Build failed with 1 errors and 0 warnings...

running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.....what registry do i need to edit to fix this?  Like you, i deleted and re-downloaded the .zip file 3-4 times, deleting and restarting the project, always with the above error. 
I found a .hex file, but it had a problem with the LED.  it never brought the D4 pin low to turn on the LED. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Get Your Ad Here

data_list