Author Topic: $50 Robot Using ATMEGA16  (Read 2030 times)

Offline sighttTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
$50 Robot Using ATMEGA16
« on: October 06, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »
Hi,
This is my first time posting but have been lurking for awhile now.  I am working on building the $50 robot for a project in college I have to design a PCB and get it manufactured and populated and everything.  I also have to pay for everything so since i have to use the ATMEGA16 in a different course along with the AVR Dragon I decided to go this way since I already have a programmer and a basic knowledge of the chip and programming practices.  What I am have trouble with is adapting the code to work with the different chip.

What I have figured on doing is using PD3 and PD4 to drive the servos but I can not figure out how to initialize them properly or to initialize  the analog comparator functions.  The general basis of the program I understand but have been searching for solutions for about 2 weeks now and although I have learned a lot the solution to my problem is evading me.

Offline greywanderer012345

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
Re: $50 Robot Using ATMEGA16
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:20:49 PM »
What is the exact problem you are having? Is the code not compiling? Is the circuit successfully programmed, but not acting as expected? What is it doing?

Offline sighttTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: $50 Robot Using ATMEGA16
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:10:38 PM »
Hi sorry for the delay in responding.

The issues I was having is not understanding how to initialize ports for PWM and ADC.  Since then I have done a fair amount of research on these things.  I have now determined how to utilize PWM on portD and after modifying my servo's HS-311's to rotate a full 360 will be working on the ADC. 

So I guess I don't need more help at the moment but should be finished this in the next month or so.  Only so many hours in the day and it is only a single credit course. 

I do really like this page as it has giving me a wonderful stepping stone to bigger and better robots.

When I am done I will post the code for future people if they plan on using the same chip as me.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list