Electronics > Electronics

Microcontroller

<< < (3/3)

Admin:
Its not official yet, but it will most likely be ATMEGA8-16PC.

ed1380:
how many channels of pwm is requiered for 1 motor forward, reverse? I'm asking , because I couldn't find it on SOR.

Hal9000:

--- Quote from: ed1380 on February 01, 2007, 10:42:13 PM ---I think MCU stands for microcontroller unit.

--- Quote ---A nice PIC to begin with is the PIC16F628A.

I would suggest buying this also http://www.quasarelectronics.com/3128.htm

but if you are a beginner, and don't know whether you will continue using PICs then maybe construct your own. A search on google should be quite revealing.
--- End quote ---
contruct my own programmer? Will the programmer kit in the link work with the PIC16F628A and PIC16F877? What extras will I need to buy to be able to use it?

--- Quote ---This may affect your decision (and other people who visit SoR often) . . .

All source code I write and post in my tutorials will be for the PIC 16F877. Im going back into using AVRs soon, so will often post source for those too. This basically means that if you use either of those microcontrollers, Ill make your life a little easier with working source code
--- End quote ---
So you will use that pic in the $50 robot tutorial you are currently writting?

--- End quote ---

Yeah the programmer that I gave the link to works with all Flash Microcontrollers. The Flash in PIC speak is the 'F' when you write, for example, PIC16F628A.

This therfore claims to program all PICs with an 'F' in.

MCU. Yes probably means Microcontroller Unit.

My mate often used to write uC. The 'u' being micro, and the 'C' being Controller.

I had a lot of paracetemol this morning and I have to do quite a lot of circuitry today. There's nothing like the smell of flux.

Admin:

--- Quote ---how many channels of pwm is requiered for 1 motor forward, reverse? I'm asking , because I couldn't find it on SOR.
--- End quote ---
This depends on the hardware you use to drive the motor. Most motor drivers are designed to just need a single PWM channel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version