Author Topic: Tracking moving object  (Read 2637 times)

Offline tecgatyTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Tracking moving object
« on: August 11, 2007, 09:49:35 AM »
Hi,

I am newbie for Robotics. But I have been Interested for a long time. Now I am planning to participate in a competition.

Here's my task >>>>

I should make an autonomous robot. Its starting position is in a RING (A circular Path. Lets call it MY RING). It will have to detect if the target is enters the danger region  (A small circle around MY RING) . The target is also a robot but only its manual. The target starts from a fixed point and tries to enter danger region.

Now my robot has to track the opponents robot and signal (LED/SOUND) if it enters the danger region and should stay within the ring it started.  It should not get into contact with the manual (or Enemy) robot. The ring has a red line on the black background.

I am planning to use a color sensor ( Is it fine??) to stay within the ring.  What sensor should i use to detect the position of the target?

NOTE : I need not care the linear movement of the enemy unless it is into the danger region. Till then I have to keep track with the Horizontal movement of the target..

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Tracking moving object
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
What sensor should i use to detect the position of the target?
Put a scanner on it ;D
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_sumo.shtml

The scanner will also give you range, too.

Offline tecgatyTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Tracking moving object
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:20:26 PM »
HHmmm, that really makes it.

But my problem is that my robot has to detect the enemy robot while its on move... I mean I want something like target locking. I will identify the robot with any of the sensors.. But I have to keep a track of it from then.. And I need to move along with it and should ensure that I am in my supposed track..

The attached  shows where I have to be in.. Now the Enemy robot can enter through any of the openings of outer barrier. I am desperate about this. please help me out.

The other pic shows the starting position of enemy robot (The orange semi-circle). I think I can make advantage of this, as I all ready know the initial distance and direction of the enemy...

Thank You.

Get Your Ad Here