Author Topic: make a long range remote radio transimtter and receivers  (Read 3208 times)

Offline dsesmgTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
make a long range remote radio transimtter and receivers
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:08:46 AM »
Hi, I need to make a long range remote radio transimtter and receivers.
The distance is 500m and the location is in a building.
I must notice 5 people simultaneously when I push some button on a transmitter. So, five people are carrying the receivers and they will notice beeping sound from the receiver when the transmitter activates.
I thought the radio signal is the only solution to acheive it activated for this long range and in a complex location like a building. Could you please help me how to acheive this? All I need to have is just the functionality to notice multiple people simultaneously by pressing a button of some device.
Please help~!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:14:58 AM by dsesmg »

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: make a long range remote radio transimtter and receivers
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 09:20:28 AM »
Hi,

The distance is 500m and the location is in a building.
I must notice 5 people simultaneously when I push some button on a transmitter. So, five people are carrying the receivers and they will notice beeping sound from the receiver when the transmitter activates.
Sound like you need 6 cheap PMRs (UHF band Walkie Talkies), which will have the added bonus of voice communication, but can be used with just the call feature if needs be.
You probably won't be able to make what you want any cheaper and with PMRs, standby power is low and range is more than what you need.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:46:38 PM »
Hi, how are you?
That sounds very good.
Is it something like this?
http://www.dhgate.com/motorola-t4508-uhf-band-walkie-talkie-two/p-ff808081228ca96701228d6c0c080dc7.html
I don't quite need the voice communication.
Is there any way I could build my own transmitter and receiver using something like Bluetooth?
I need it very very compact and small so that no one could ever notice that I am carrying it.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 06:02:27 AM »
Hi,

They could be found much cheaper.
Like here: http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.walkie%20talkie
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »
thank you
i will look for those.

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 06:52:25 AM »
Can someone build a customized transmitter and receiver?
The communication functionality doesn't necessary for me.
Only the LED flash and piezo sound is enough.
The distance is 500m range and the it must be operated in a complex building where there are many offices.
I want to simply buy a customized one.
Please, if someone able to do this, contact me.

Offline amrosik

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »
i have a similar problem, i only want to send 2-d position datas from my computer to robot and a feedback data of the current position. is it possible to build that yourself or to modify these walkie talkies?

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
Hi,

i have a similar problem, i only want to send 2-d position datas from my computer to robot and a feedback data of the current position. is it possible to build that yourself or to modify these walkie talkies?
There are telemetri modules (transceivers working in the ISM bands) that are as good as plug 'n' play if you can make do with less range.
Regards,
Søren

Please remember...

Offline amrosik

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 05:53:05 PM »
ok thank you, can i build them low priced, do you know any internet sources where i can find them?

if you can make do with less range.

50m are enough.

Offline amrosik

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
oh, i dont think that this is the right. in ONLY need position data, nothing more, that takes maybe 2 bytes, whatever.

perhaps i need 4bytes per second or something. i think a radiomodul is better, but not a bought one because they perform more than i need.

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23:49 AM »
oh, i dont think that this is the right. in ONLY need position data, nothing more, that takes maybe 2 bytes, whatever.

perhaps i need 4bytes per second or something. i think a radiomodul is better, but not a bought one because they perform more than i need.

Building one yourself will cost you more and debugging it will give you headaches (especially if you don't know what you're doing and don't have the proper equipment)
Who cares if they perform more? unless you have a really tight battery budget...

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?c=79

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 08:25:37 AM »
Hi,

It's like saying that you only need 1MB RAM extra for your PC, so you won't get anything larger!
I think the lowest rate the TX/RX-modules come in, is around 1kb/s or so.

They ARE radiomodules, I just used the term telemetry since that's what you want to do with them.
If you wanna do it really cheap, hack a wireless doorbell or similar.
If you don't wanna buy anything at all... I wish you the best of luck - and you're gonna need it, because building HF modules does take a wee bit of knowledge and experience.
Regards,
Søren

Please remember...

Offline amrosik

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 03:00:25 PM »
yes you are right.
i always have a bad conscience if i use something and i dont know how it is built up.
isnt it sufficient to place two simple resonant circuits, one of them to my computer? what else is required to build such radio modules, what else is in this things beside a lc-circuit?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list