Author Topic: Programming an Atmega 8 After Connecting AVRISP MKII Programmer  (Read 4732 times)

Offline SlotheryTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
I would like to begin with saying please excuse my incompetence.

What I was wondering is how to upload code to my microcontroller after I have connected my programmer to my computer and installed the device driver software. Please, though it is a very broad question please reply so I can help you refine the question I am asking.

Offline Choco_liger

• Helpful? 3
Re: Programming an Atmega 8 After Connecting AVRISP MKII Programmer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »
If you've built the microcontroller already, just attach the other end of the programmer to the microcontroller, turn it on, and upload it by clicking the little black IC button with the words AVR in it in AVR studio.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply Choco_liger

but it is here that I have my problem. By clicking this it opens up this window (attached) which has multiple tabs and different options for each tab. Which tab(s) do I select and what option(s) do I select on the tab(s)?

Offline Choco_liger

• Helpful? 3
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »
Ok, click the tab "program", and set the device to ATmega8.

Then set to ISP mode, tick both boxes on the right, go down to the Flash section and click the ellipsis (the three full stop thingy , ...) search your program and click the button program.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
Thanks again for your help

but my program tab looks different (attached). I went ahead and copied what I could of your window but some things weren't there such as the ISP mode select amoung other things. I'm not sure if it will work having only one servo at the time to test with.

Offline Choco_liger

• Helpful? 3
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »
What that has right now is perfectly fine. And it seems you've already programmed it, too.

The ISP mode and the ATmega8 settings are in the "main" tab for you.

Also, you can still test if the IC is still working, but if you want to complete the robot, you'll need two servos.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list