go away spammer

Author Topic: Matlab controlled amplifier  (Read 1689 times)

Offline signiousTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Matlab controlled amplifier
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:07:44 AM »
Hello, I am new on the forum - but have done some looking around the website in the past.  My question is simple enough, but I feel it is best to include some backstory:

I have done work with the quarc quesar headers for about a half a year during my studies, and loved the functionality of being able to read an encoder as well as control voltage (virtually) live from matlab.

I am wondering if there is any sort of Matlab compatible system that can take it the reading from the encoder(s) as well as control voltage to a motor(s).  The scope of my project is just to create a small desktop 2 pivot arm with a certain degree of swing at the base - I have already done the mechanics of the process, but just don't know where to go from here controller wise.  I have no intention of running this disconnected to the computer so very little (if any) onboard computing would be needed for the arm itself, I just want all the control via matlab.  Is there any kind of amateur based header that doesn't have the unattractive 5k+ price of the quarc systems?  

Thanks,
Sig

PS. I am sorry if the post is in the wrong place, was stuck between software and mechanics

Ed1: After reading this I realize my question is kind of vague: Basically I am asking what is a good priced PC control unit, and are there such a thing with a built in power supply
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:15:43 AM by signious »

Offline taiyuankejizhu

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Matlab controlled amplifier
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 04:59:34 AM »
Hi
    I don't know if you have seen this matlab demo,but i think this will help you,http://www.mathworks.cn/products/simulink-coder/demos.html ,look for the "Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) Testing ",in this demo it use a "Bachmann electronic M1" hardware controller ....
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:05:18 AM by taiyuankejizhu »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list