Author Topic: Does anybody know a robotics group in england, specifically merseyside.  (Read 1671 times)

Offline connormarveTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Would love help, i have always wanted to be an inventor and robotics is definitely a hobby if not career path that id like to pursue. but I'm looking for help and everywhere seems to be in The USA. So yeah if you know of one please let me know as i need a helping hand

Offline joe61

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
Re: Does anybody know a robotics group in england, specifically merseyside.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »
Googling a bit gave

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robotics-Club-Teaming-Up-Build-Robots-/170689889518
Which seems to be saying that these guys are sponsors

Evo Shop GB is owned & operated by Evo Electronics Ltd, 62 Banks Road, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 8JL, United Kingdom.
Company Number: 6483949
VAT Number: GB 939304314

Even though the robotics club isn't in Merseyside, maybe you could get some information from them about other things in the area?

Joe

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
ok thanks a lot, ill definitely look it up next time im in southport, and thanks a lot.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:10:54 PM »
Hi,

You might try dropping Dr Ian Howard of The UK Cybernetics Club an email, as I'm sure he could give you a pointer, judging from what he wrote at the site...
I am setting up a learning center for robotics in merseyside (uk) for students to get hands on on robots and to build and program one of their own.
(my emphasis)
I don't know when he wrote it, or if his email: greek76(at)siteuk(dot).freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk) is still valid, but at least seems very local to you.
Approach him politely (but don't grovel), show your interest and ask if you could get in on the game (whether you're a student or not).

Then you might wanna take a peek at UK Robot Group

And that's just 2 options (amazing what a spare minute and a search engine can do) there's more UK clubs to find, but I'll leave that to you, as you obviously need some practice searching the web ;)
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »
lol thanks a lot, and yes i do have an extreme problem with 'interneting.'    :)