Author Topic: Servo's For the rest of my life !?!  (Read 9225 times)

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
Re: Servo's For the rest of my life !?!
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »
There has to be a demand on the market first, only then the local vendors will get the products. Two years ago when I came back in Romania from the states, the were just a handfull of people interested about robotics. Now, there are contests in the university and many students start to be interested in the hobby. And slowly, some stores start to get products, but from Europe (more expensive than USA or directly from asian manufacturers). The orders take weeks to be delivered and we pay double the price for the parts (and shipping).
I am soon going to be in Canada and I allready saw that the prices there are a little higher than those in the States. Probably because of customs. Wen Admin will send me an Axon, I will have to pay international shipping and customs. So, I will pay about 10% more than the americans. I guess this is the same for any other country in the world.
Ehh, I still have another 3 years untill I'll get back to the States...
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Offline AndrewM

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
    • I Am.  When?
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 09:40:34 PM »
This is one of the things local robotics clubs can be invaluable for.  Not only to drive up demand for a product such as good servos in the local market (thus reducing price) but also for bulk ordering to offset the cost of shipping.  If you pay one servo at $9.00 from the internet and pay $35 in shipping/import costs, you just bought a $44.00 servo.  But if a group of say 6 hobbyists each pay $9.00 for a servo plus the $35.00 shipping/import costs they each just bought $15.00 servos.  A bit more reasonable of a price...  The more the import and shipping costs can be deferred across multiple products, the less you are paying per product.
blog: www.iamwhen.com
Saving the world from humanity one robot at a time.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 02:45:35 PM »
Sorry guys, I don't control the international market prices :P

As suggested before, try to find local websites selling your parts. No crazy shipping that way.

And its not hard to start an internet company - if you think the demand in your country is high, start buying and selling!

Offline JAy1st

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 03:06:56 PM »
Can use dirt cheap Futaba S3003 as well, they cost 10 euros and 180°(alomost) range.

Get Your Ad Here