Author Topic: Help on robot motor  (Read 1706 times)

Offline MCTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Help on robot motor
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:08:37 AM »
Hi

I am planning to build a small agv
its a three wheeled robot with one in the front which is powered and the other 2 behind are free wheel
I would like to know how do i determine the max load capacity on the wheels when it is loaded and when it is unloaded.

I got the rpm of the wheel and to determine the torque required i need to know the above point

Your help will be appreciated

Thanks

Regards,
MC

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
Re: Help on robot motor
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:58:43 AM »
Look in the Robot Tutorials above for the Motor Calculator.

Offline MCTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »
Hi

I did the calcualtion but I would like to know for eg if the robot weighs 4.5 kg with load 1.5kg
and i have three wheels and only one is driven. driven wheel is slightly larger in diameter compared to the other two free wheels
so how is the weight distributed amongst the wheels.
should i divide 4.5kg(unloaded) and 6kg(loaded) by 3(wheels) to determine the load each wheel can take or how can i calculate the weight taken by the drive wheel and the two free wheels behind

Thanks,

Regards,
MC

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 11:02:05 AM »
The weight distribution on the wheels do not play a part in the motor calculation. The motor must move the entire weight of the robot so use the total weight in the motor calculations.
Did you read the motor tutorial that covers how the calculations are done?

The weight distribution onto the three wheels is for how strong each wheel/axial needs to be.

Get Your Ad Here