Author Topic: totally off topic: just a thought about bookmarks...  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Metal Slug 2Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
totally off topic: just a thought about bookmarks...
« on: July 23, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I find that with my busy schedule I often only skim through posts on the forum and bookmark those which appeal to me and contain info i would like to read further into.  I have gotten to the point where I have so many bookmarks that I lose track of which name belongs to which topic I originally bookmarked that thread for.  Often times I bookmark a topic because there was that random website that appealed to me that someone posted, but was not necessarily relevant to the topic title of that thread.  Sometimes threads go off on different tangents and stray from the original topic, yet many times it is those random posts that catch my attention.  And when I go back to read up on that topic, I cant figure out/don't remember which topic that random post belonged to. 

And so, I was just wondering if please by some little chance it would be possible to get a "notes" coulomb added to the bookmarks page so that organization of the bookmarks is easier.  Thanks  :).

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
Re: totally off topic: just a thought about bookmarks...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 02:22:21 AM »
send admin a PM, he may be able to do something about it

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:23:33 AM »
This is the mod I'm using:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=864

I don't have the time to mod the mod to do what you require, however . . . If you convince them to add this feature, I'll be sure to install it.

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »
As an alternative I use evernote. If I come across something interesting I trow it in evernote works on my phone and my computer and syncs to the "cloud" so everything is updated. If I find something interesting I highlight it and right click then select send to evernote and I'm done I can search all my notes and add tags or new notebooks to help keep things organized. Keeps track of URLs for anything I send to it as well. Also lets me jot a note or send a pic or audio file from my smartphone. It will even take part or whole PDFs and makes organizing datasheets a breeze.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com