Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Modifying Servos for $50 Robot

(1/1)

Rizz:
I have just begun to modify the servos in the $50 Robot tutorial.  I see the mechanical stop that must be modified.  I don't see the pot.  I am using the HS-311 from the parts list.  The pictures don't look the same as my servos.  Is it possible that this servo pot does not have to be modified?

garriwilson:
When you take off the main gear, the one right under the horn, you should see a rectangular prism thing that seems to go all the way down into the servo.

If you have any problems ask, maybe the servo is defective but it's highly unlikely.

Rizz:
So the "rectangular prism thing" is what is to be superglued to prevent its movement?  (I see the rect. prism thing.)

Rizz:
I figured out what needs to be done.  I reread the tutorial and determined the that the slotted gear that interfaces with the pot on my servos does not have a removeable slot.  I plan to carefully drill it out as I want to keep the pot out of the way, inside the servo case.  I will super glue the potentiometer shaft in the 0 degrees position.  Thanks for your assist garriwilson!

Stay tuned, I'm sure I will have more questions.

garriwilson:
you're welcome  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version