Author Topic: need help about eagle layout editor  (Read 1667 times)

Offline rachaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
need help about eagle layout editor
« on: May 04, 2011, 04:00:31 PM »
Hi everybody,

I am new in using  EAGLE layout editor, I am using it to develop a PIC18F2520 interface circuit.

For that I need an ICD2 socket and a trimmer and I can't find them in the library.

Is there a link from where I can download what I need?

Thank you for your answers.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: need help about eagle layout editor
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 07:22:17 PM »
Hi,

For that I need an ICD2 socket and a trimmer and I can't find them in the library.
ICD2 socket? Do you mean a 6 position Modular Jack (RJ12) as used on some wired telephones?
If so, be aware that there are different layouts, with supporting tabs placed differently.
In case yours isn't available, you can make the symbols yourself with the library editor (download the documentation and read read read).

Trimmer... Assuming you mean a trimming resistor, there's a bunch of them in library "RCL" -> "R-TRIMM".

You may have libraries that you're not aware of. "Library" -> "Use" and you can select them.

Most info needed is in the documentation, so most questions on Eagle reveals a lack of reading the manual. The help file is a good help too and Google is good too.
Lots of stuff to get from their web site as well (www.cadsoft.de).
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: need help about eagle layout editor
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »
I don't blame you for not wanting to make your own library, as Eagle's part creator has a super sharp learning curve . . .

But at some point you won't have a choice, and when you don't, you have my super boring eagle create part tutorial video to help ::)

How to Create Part in Eagle CAD

Get Your Ad Here