Author Topic: In need of a robot, as soon as possible  (Read 5251 times)

Offline ARefinedGentTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
In need of a robot, as soon as possible
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:08:57 AM »
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm looking to have a robot custom-made and will pay almost anything. The specifications for the bot include:
1. Eyes capable of blasting low-frequency lazers at a rate of 10 pulses per second. This is extremely important, as I suffer from epilepsy, and anything exceeding 10 per second could cause extreme discomfort and even stroke. It MUST be exactly 10 pulses per second, not a second more or less.

2. Human-like appendages. This includes realistic skin, not rubber or silicon. It MUST be identical to human skin by sight, smell and touch. The extremities must be anatomically correct to the slightest detail, and capable of being manipulated both by a remote control and internal memory, not to mention motion sensors. The robot must be able to grab hold of things with varying degrees of grip strength, and have a broad range of movement.

3. The robot must be able to cleanse itself. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to wash the thing every day. I'm not sure how this can be achieved. Possibly some sort of internal self-lubrication device?

4. The automaton must stand between 7.2 and 8.4 feet in height, and weigh between 175 and 300 pounds. It must be able to lift in excess of five times its own body weight, and a vertical wingspan no less than 11 meters.

If anyone is interested, I am willing to pay a king's ransom for such a machine. Message me for contact details.

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
Re: In need of a robot, as soon as possible
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:17:06 AM »
ummm... not possible...
Youve been watching way too many movies man. Lifting 5 times its own weight is pretty much not going to happen. Realistic everything such as feel, look, smell is NOT going to happen.

Im sorry man, but you can pay $50 trillion for what your asking for and you wont get it.
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 05:41:45 AM »
some of the things you ask are possible, the other requests are almost impossible
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline gamefreak

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • Robo-Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:48:52 AM »
lol, go still one of japans test robots, only millions of dollars put into those.
All hail Rodney, the holy 555 timer
And Steve said: "Let there be lead!"

Offline cooldog

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • be nice to nerds, one day they will be your boss
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 06:50:14 AM »
the military doesn't even have something like this
robot will rule the world and i will be building them
-admin

favorite web sites
http://www.societyofrobots.com/
http://www.instructables.com/

Offline gamefreak

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • Robo-Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 06:53:37 AM »
thats what you think, shhh

That would be an awesome robot if it were buidable, but a biped that is 7 feet tall that can lift 5 times its own weight, lol, the military would confiscate it. :P

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »
That would be an awesome robot if it were buidable, but a biped that is 7 feet tall that can lift 5 times its own weight, lol, the military would confiscate it. :P
It would be a one "man" freakin army hahaha
Infantry

Offline Trumpkin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 11:41:26 AM »
that is an immpossible project, the lasers are possible, the self-lubricating system might be possible. there is just no way you could have a robot 7 feet tall that lifts five times it's own weight. If you were rich enough to buy such a robot you would be uber famous.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:46:50 AM by Trumpkin »
Robots are awesome!

Offline gamefreak

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • Robo-Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »
a robot could totally be 7 feet tall and lift 5 times its own weight, it would be incredibly unstable, but a biped to do that, thats not possible :P

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 08:30:41 PM »
a robot could totally be 7 feet tall and lift 5 times its own weight, it would be incredibly unstable, but a biped to do that, thats not possible :P

this project seems very unfeasible

BUT
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline frank26080115

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 09:09:48 PM »
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm looking to have a robot custom-made and will pay almost anything. The specifications for the bot include:
1. Eyes capable of blasting low-frequency lazers at a rate of 10 pulses per second. This is extremely important, as I suffer from epilepsy, and anything exceeding 10 per second could cause extreme discomfort and even stroke. It MUST be exactly 10 pulses per second, not a second more or less.

2. Human-like appendages. This includes realistic skin, not rubber or silicon. It MUST be identical to human skin by sight, smell and touch. The extremities must be anatomically correct to the slightest detail, and capable of being manipulated both by a remote control and internal memory, not to mention motion sensors. The robot must be able to grab hold of things with varying degrees of grip strength, and have a broad range of movement.

3. The robot must be able to cleanse itself. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to wash the thing every day. I'm not sure how this can be achieved. Possibly some sort of internal self-lubrication device?

4. The automaton must stand between 7.2 and 8.4 feet in height, and weigh between 175 and 300 pounds. It must be able to lift in excess of five times its own body weight, and a vertical wingspan no less than 11 meters.

If anyone is interested, I am willing to pay a king's ransom for such a machine. Message me for contact details.

http://www.match.com/
http://www.lavalife.com/

Actually cheaper (marriage not included), most might not want to have a 10Hz laser surgically implanted, but some will have good acting skills.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 09:11:20 PM by frank26080115 »

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 10:10:56 PM »
But that doesnt address the lifting 5x own weight problem...
Infantry

Offline frank26080115

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 11:52:51 PM »
A human can figure it out... Would a olympic weight lifting champion with a hand held system of pulleys count?

Some people can drag firetrucks and stuff alone...

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 08:08:01 AM »
With the technology we have... it's impossible...
You know Japanese want a robot like this more than you... yet... stable biped is still an issue!!!

Cheers, Lefteris
For whom the interrupts toll...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 12:28:08 PM »
The robot must be able to cleanse itself. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to wash the thing every day.

. . . clean from what?

(to reiterate everyone else, your robot isn't possible)

Get Your Ad Here