Electronics > Electronics

$50 robot problems

(1/4) > >>

ed1380:
So Admin was kind enough to program it for me, now while modding one of the servos I broke a khaki colored surface mount with no markings on top. if it stays disconected the servo runs, but if i short across the surface mount(I think it's a resistor) the servo stops

The photo sensors are weird too so I can't really trouble shoot it.
 servo's wil go forward and then when you cover up the sensor it'll flinch and then continue, it won't reverse

ed1380:
WTF it works now, but one of the motors is weaker  :'(

the stronger one is the one with the broken SM. I guess I should break the other one ;)

but I won't be able to control the speed

Admin:
I find that robots often only work when no one but the builder is looking ;)
(serious, tho . . .)

Somchaya:

--- Quote from: Admin on May 02, 2007, 05:20:09 PM ---I find that robots often only work when no one but the builder is looking ;)
(serious, tho . . .)

--- End quote ---

Yes! I agree! When I was working on Whisk, it would run fine, and the moment I whipped out my camera, it would fail miserably.. And, it would fail when people were watching too.. haha..

ed1380:
well I heatshrinked the power supply wires and that servo won't work again. the one with the brocken surface mount (please read question concerning it in post #1) gotta take it apart again
AARGHH  >:(

and the voltage regulator does get hot. I put some AS5 and a heatsink on it.

turns out if i tighten the cap to the servo's curcuitry it stops.

Final conclusion: It'll only drive forward. if I shine a light of to the side it'll turn, but other wise will just go forward, no reverse if it's dark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version