go away spammer

Author Topic: simple 1 axis robot arm  (Read 2276 times)

Offline mizzkateTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
simple 1 axis robot arm
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:36:49 AM »
hi all.i am final year student for electric electronic.i am now currently doing my project on robot.i have to do the robot from a scratch and problem is,i have no idea how.the robot arm is supposed to move in 1 axis only,it should have a web cam connected to its end,and it could move around 0 to 180 or 360 would be great.i read the entries and most advise using servo motor.the robot could be controlled by PC,and i want to use it to detect people so that it could move according to movements that the people does.any idea how??it would be great if you guys give me some references.thank you.  :)

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: simple 1 axis robot arm
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 07:54:13 PM »
Hi,

So, you just want the "arm" to spin around itself?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline voyager2

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 6
    • Voyager Robotics
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 08:49:03 PM »
Whats wrong with that Soeren?
My first robot that i programed my self was like that!

Mizzkate, if your an electrical engineer then you must know more than most on this site. ;)
And Admin said "Let there be robots!"
And it was good.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 05:17:42 PM »
Hi,

Whats wrong with that Soeren?
Nothing really, I was trying to find out if that was the case or not, since the original explanation was a bit long winded and not all that informative about purpose.
(Why are you insinuating that I find it wrong?  ;))

My first robot that i programed my self was like that!
I just don't call it an arm then - perhaps a rotating tower or such like. An arm has to be a little more agile to earn that name IMO.

Mizzkate, if your an electrical engineer then you must know more than most on this site. ;)
mizzkate is not an engineer yet and she should really work on her problem definitions, judging from the post, if hoping to pass exam.
It takes 3 things; precision, precision and yet some precision... And nothing else, as all the weaving just clouds things over - and I would expect a more precise and "down to the bone" problem description from a final year ee student.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list