Author Topic: Ai software for controlling a robot  (Read 3103 times)

Offline SpudTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Ai software for controlling a robot
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:47:24 AM »
Hi SoC
I've been wanting to post on this forum for a while but every question i've wanted to ask i've managed to solve before posting!

For the past ten years i've been developing an Ai (artificial intellegence) program. I've recently built a robot and am using the program to control it.

The program is free and can be found on my web-page which gives more details about the  Ai http://www.raisystems.com/spud/spudai.html

Thank you to everyone who has provide so much information on this forum its been very useful to me over the past 3 months whilst building my robot.et

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: Ai software for controlling a robot
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Do you have a video or other demo of the "object recognition" part of the system?

Offline vipulan12

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
how exactly do you use this AI? Do I just run it?

Offline SpudTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:33:37 PM »
if i manage to do it right the image attached shows the original image then below is the image after the ScanImageVertical routine scanned the image. The Ai can be set to continuously scan a new image loaded from the webcam. At the moment it takes about 4 seconds to scan the data into memory. Once in memory it can be worked on a lot faster. The scanning process runs in a separate thread so the data should be in memory by the time the rest of the input has been processed

The two boxes at the top left are the objects highlighted this data is what will be used to add the information to the Location Map once i've manage to calibrate the compass. The blue is a mask.

To run the Ai just unzip the zip file then run the program AiV016c.exe
When the Ai first starts it will check the installation and then be ready to use. Learning mode and the Search Engine routine are on so the Ai will start harvisting information from the web as soon as unknown words are inputted into the bottom box. The S buttons opens the settings dialog box this controls how the Ai works. What functions to use to process inputs is controlled by the RQ sliders set to zero to turn off certain processes. 

Get Your Ad Here