Author Topic: algorithms for bot movement  (Read 2299 times)

Offline I_FFTd_my_catTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
algorithms for bot movement
« on: September 17, 2008, 02:38:49 PM »
Greetings,

I would like to preface my question by saying that this site has been tremendously helpful in helping me get started with robotics.

However, I would like to delve further into algorithms for moving a robot around a fixed arena.  For instance, I would like to have my bot start in one area of the map (usually the map is no more than 10ft by 10ft in total area) and tell it to move to another area, pick up an object (those algorithms will come later), and then move the object to a different area.  The areas are connected by solid lines and the paths must be followed.  Essentially, I need a line-following bot that also has spatial awareness so it can figure out where the next room is and then take the line path.

I have read through many line-following tutorials and I read through the wavefront algorithm tutorial as well.  I was wondering if there are algorithms which take a hybridized approach which is more of what my bot needs.

If you know of some books or online materials, I would be grateful if you could point me to them.

Also, my background in is computer science and electrical engineering, so I am not afraid to read through technical manuals.

Thanks.

- Tim

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: algorithms for bot movement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 08:49:11 AM »
Something like this Pololu 3pi Robot?

[youtube]mJV-KDqHgDQ[/youtube]

Get Your Ad Here