go away spammer

Author Topic: LED in parellel or series?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline theanxinTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
LED in parellel or series?
« on: March 25, 2009, 05:28:08 AM »
I had connected one resistor 270 ohm with four blue LEDs in parallel but did fried it. After that, i connect one resistor 1k ohm with four blue LEDs but also did fried it slowly. Is it logic if i connect it in parellel or suppose connect in series by every blue LED connect with 1k ohm? Blue LEDs are very expensive so i dont want to buy it again by not fry it. Mind tell me the solution please? I need your guidance

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: LED in parellel or series?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:09:43 AM »
Hi,

I had connected one resistor 270 ohm with four blue LEDs in parallel but did fried it. After that, i connect one resistor 1k ohm with four blue LEDs but also did fried it slowly.
Please post a photo or a schematic of how you connected it.
And what voltage did you use?  That is very important if you want a useable answer.

Is it logic if i connect it in parellel or suppose connect in series by every blue LED connect with 1k ohm?
I simply don't have a clue to what you mean here

Blue LEDs are very expensive so i dont want to buy it again by not fry it. Mind tell me the solution please? I need your guidance
Blue LED's are cheap if you shop around a bit online.
We don't min telling you the solution, but we can't with the info you provided so far!
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline theanxinTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: LED in parellel or series? *close*
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »
Finally i get the answered. After measuring using multimeter then i found out that my resistor had short circuit and cause 9v battery fried all the LEDs. :'(.

Get Your Ad Here