go away spammer

Author Topic: Joint movement problem  (Read 3219 times)

Offline jake minnsTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Joint movement problem
« on: February 28, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »
I have a FANUC R-2000iA 165F robot with a R-J3iB controller.  When in JOINT mode each joint should move independently, but when joint j2 is jogged j3 moves with it, similar to how it would in TOOL mode.  If I jog J3 and look on the position screen the encoder is keeping its position correctly, but if i jog J2, J3 starts to move but the movements are not tracked on the position screen.  In the pulse status screen under the axis menu it shows axis 2 and 3 moving when axis 2 is jogged in JOINT mode.  Has anyone here ever had a problem with other axes moving when jogging just one in JOINT mode?  If so are there any suggestions?  The robot has become unplugged from the controller and remastered.  Also i have already remastered the single J3 axis.

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
Re: Joint movement problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:50:01 AM »
I haven't understood exactly what happens, but if J3 is after J2, you'll have to compensate J3 for J2's movement.
If you want, for example, to move your arm left, but keep your fingers stady, for every milimeter your elbow flexes or releases (J2), your wrist will have to move in the other direction (J3), otherwise it will move with it (your case).
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Joint movement problem
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 09:11:50 AM »
If I jog J3 and look on the position screen the encoder is keeping its position correctly, but if i jog J2, J3 starts to move but the movements are not tracked on the position screen.
So wait, you are saying when you command J2, J3 rotates with respect to J2? Or just that the J2-J3 angle remains fixed but J3 position changes?

If the first option, sounds like a bug or that you are using the wrong command . . .

If the second option, then go with what izua said . . .

The robot has become unplugged from the controller and remastered.  Also i have already remastered the single J3 axis.
What do you mean by remastered? Reset all axes to zero manually?

Get Your Ad Here