Author Topic: Possibilities in the Future  (Read 2304 times)

Offline curiousTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Possibilities in the Future
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:35:23 PM »
Hello, just curious...

Robots have been invented since and we often see on television how robots can dance, sing and move. Is it possible for robots to become more commonplace, performing more complex functions or will experimentation continue for a long time to come?

Thanks if anyone replies :)

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
Re: Possibilities in the Future
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:30:31 AM »
Hello, just curious...

Robots have been invented since and we often see on television how robots can dance, sing and move. Is it possible for robots to become more commonplace, performing more complex functions or will experimentation continue for a long time to come?

Thanks if anyone replies :)
more common place.. more complex answer yes.... expirimentation will continue for a long time but in the last ten years or so robotics has realy started to become a lot more complex...

The sky is the limit...
The sky never stops  ::)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 12:31:50 AM by jamort »
my english teacher once said, "dont talk about what you dont know in public...."

so I replied the truth, " Exactly why I dont ever talk about English."

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:21:41 AM »
well... robotics will always continue until the terminator movie occurs...
actually the sky does stop... once space begins and we leave the atmosphere...
Howdy

Offline kpmcgurk

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 3
  • Robot Love?
    • Probotic world (in progress)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:26:58 AM »
technology is advancing every day, but dont expect anything to work right away, you cant just throw something together and assume it to work on the first try, you will need to test over and over. the problem is that movies have created a misunderstanding of robots and made them look as if all of the robots in the movies are possible, they are not(at least today).

I cant tell you how many times I tell people that I build robots as a hobby, and their next comment is " when will i get to see it fight"... note to all NOT ALL ROBOTS ARE BATLE BOTS
some people are just Born smart, but some people have to work for it, and those are the people who succeed.

http://www.proboticworld.com

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:46:39 AM »
i saw a documentary once and the robotic engineer said to the host get up and get me a cup of coffee with two teaspoons of sugar, so he did.

when the host came back the engineer said it would take them a decade coming up with a robot just to get a cup of coffee

the point i am making is that humans are amazing at what we are able to achieve and phisically do as that is how have adapted to life over time. when it comes to robots people have to build the technology then build it, then put all the components together and then program it, and to be able to accomplish all of a humans tasks ay take upto 1000 years or more.

and when you think that 85% of a humans thought proccess is going into balance, we have along way to go to get a robotic analoge of a human!

Offline curiousTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
Thank you everybody for the insights you have given me.
Very much appreciated.

Let's just hope we live to see what the future might bring :)

Get Your Ad Here