go away spammer

Author Topic: Please Help 50$ Robot issue  (Read 2662 times)

Offline JHNguyenTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Please Help 50$ Robot issue
« on: July 01, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »
hi everyone so me and my friend are makign the 50$ robot for our final project. We have followed all the steps so far and we are now stuck at a point where we cant get the robot to run, we use AVR studio 4 to build the program and build was successful but the robot still doesnt work? idk what the problem is can someone possibly help us out. i will answer questions as best as i can.
we bought the AVR ISP2 Programmer
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:31:01 AM by JHNguyen »

Offline jkerns

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 12
Re: Please Help 50$ Robot issue
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 02:44:26 PM »
Does it do anything?

Can you make the LED turn on?

You say that the build was OK, but did it actually program the chip? Did you see the light on the programmer flash orange for a couple seconds? The process for setting up the AVRISPmkII is different than the tutorial.

Did you use the exact same chip as in the tutorial?

Do you have tools like a voltmeter that you can use to check the circuit?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:46:38 PM by jkerns »
I get paid to play with robots - can't beat that with a stick.

http://www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/bachelor-science-robotics-engineering.asp

Offline ootbrobo

• Helpful? 1
Re: Please Help 50$ Robot issue
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:54:42 PM »
You aren't giving us a lot to work with.  We need more info as to whats going on.  So to get the ball rolling I made a quick checklist for you to go through.  This will help us to identify your problem.

Checklist

If you have access to a multimeter
1) While un-powered measure the resistance between 5V and GND, and let us know the value you get
2) While power is connected measure the voltage of your power source (battery I presume) and let us know what you get
3) While powered measure the exact voltage of the 5V rail, and let us know what you get

AVR Studio 4
4) In the programming window there will be options to read the device signature, and the target voltage via the avr isp mkii.  Do both and report back
5a) If you are able try to program the processor. 
5b) Was the programming successful i.e. did the verify check out?   

Get Your Ad Here