Author Topic: $50 robot  (Read 2433 times)

Offline SHREYANSH JAINTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
$50 robot
« on: May 11, 2014, 03:44:14 AM »
i have done making $50 robot and it is working fine but the problem is that i have upgraded it to sharp ir range finder and now to is not properly working and not following the objects...

So please help me ..

Thanks

Offline jkerns

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 12
Re: $50 robot
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 07:35:53 AM »
"Upgraded"  - does that mean that you replaced the photocells with the IR sensors?

Are you reading the IR sensor values in your chip? Can you make anything happen when the range changes?

How is your software for "following objects" intended to work?

What testing have you done?
I get paid to play with robots - can't beat that with a stick.

http://www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/bachelor-science-robotics-engineering.asp

Offline Fr0stAngel

• Helpful? 3
  • [O_O] what??
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 02:17:03 AM »
In any project, especially when you are starting, the debugging can be annoying and confusing. The trick is to do things one at a time, eliminating all the possible mistakes one by one.

1- Check if the circuit is powered up
2- Check from data sheet/internet that you have connected the pins (+5, Vout, GND) of the sensor correctly.
3- Without attaching the sensor to he controller, check if the output varies correctly if you place your hand / some obstacle in front of the sensor.
4- Connect the sensor to the controller and run a basic program that would read sensor values and in turn, turn ON or OFF an LED depending on the threshold distance/voltage reading you set
5- Integrate the sensor into your system by modifying the code accordingly

Remember, on step at a time and look out for datasheet for correct distance vs voltage curve and pin description
'crazy' is the new hype! =)

Offline CEPH-TEC

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:15:12 AM »
When you are building a robot you should check each part as you go, otherwise you don't know what is wrong with it. In your case we know that the problem is due to the addition of the ir range finder so you know the problem is either in the range finder, the connection between it and the cpu or possibly it might have an output that the cpu can't read.

Get Your Ad Here