Software > Software

Struggling with directions for avr software in 50 dollar robot.

<< < (8/8)

Somchaya:
Oh, well I've not personally built the $50 robot, but I've done photovores before using a Handyboard, which has a different development platform..

Regarding going around the house and not bumping into things, the source code might be slightly different, and you would probably have to change the sensors to a different kind, but I believe the $50 robot can be adapted to do that.

Have you managed to get the wheels of the robot to turn? You can try shining light at one or both of the light sensors and see if it makes a difference. I don't think the board will actually make any noise, but wheels turning will be quite noticeable if it happens.

If that doesn't work, then there is probably some error in either the software or hardware..

Edit: by hardware I mean connections and the like, I don't think the components themselves are faulty (that does happen, but the probability of that happening is lower)

NOOBinDistress:
I would like to try that if I Had the software working. I can not build it and I am doing everything right. It just says build and it will say build for hours on end. It  doesnt work. If someone could show me a way to make a program for the board I just made that works I would be very pleased. thanks.

NOOBinDistress:
Ok i have gotten the build on the photovore program to work. Now I need help  getting rid of the errors:

Build started 14.4.2007 at 21:25:51

-------- begin --------
avr-gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 (WinAVR 20070122)
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Compiling: Photovore_v1.c
re_v1.o

In file included from Photovore_v1.c:20:
SoR_Utils.h:22:48: error: global.h: No such file or directory
SoR_Utils.h:27:60: error: a2d.h: No such file or directory
Photovore_v1.c: In function 'main':
Photovore_v1.c:41: warning: implicit declaration of function 'a2dInit'
Photovore_v1.c:42: warning: implicit declaration of function 'a2dSetPrescaler'
Photovore_v1.c:42: error: 'ADC_PRESCALE_DIV32' undeclared (first use in this function)
Photovore_v1.c:42: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
Photovore_v1.c:42: error: for each function it appears in.)
Photovore_v1.c:43: warning: implicit declaration of function 'a2dSetReference'
Photovore_v1.c:43: error: 'ADC_REFERENCE_AVCC' undeclared (first use in this function)
Photovore_v1.c:56: warning: implicit declaration of function 'a2dConvert8bit'
make: *** [Photovore_v1.o] Error 1
Build failed with 6 errors and 4 warnings...

How do I fix these. Thanks.

ed1380:
download ponyprog2000, and I'll post the .hex file that has already been "built"
save it and rename it.
delete the .jpg.txt
so it only says      photovore_v1.hex

Admin:
Was just wondering if you had any luck in getting it to work.

The last error you posted looks like you didnt set up the make file properly (Configuration Options section), and/or are missing files that are supposed to be in the folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version