Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Problem statement

(1/2) > >>

INS-ANI:
Hi guys...
This is just my startup with robotics...
i wish if u guys can provide me some ideas regarding the provblem statement
http://techfest.org/competitions/xtreme-machines/pb/

Also... i was more concerned on the initial part of the problem.. how to get my robot out of the pit...
Thanks

Admin:
I quickly glanced through it . . .

So climbing 1.5ft isn't that hard . . . have you considered a robot that:
jumps
folds over the wall
does something like this:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_asme.shtml

INS-ANI:
Admin, wats the robot's dimension?

A few detail fr easy browsing

--- Quote ---2.1 Arena Specifications

The pit dimensions are 50cm X 50cm X 45cm (refer Figure 1 and 3) where the dimension in vertical direction (45cm) represents pit height as seen from the base of the pit.
Lecture series updated
iitb techfest
The four vertical faces of a pit (Four walls of the prison) are as follows: Two opposite vertical faces (walls) of a pit will be made up of plywood. Other two opposite faces will be made up of transparent Acrylic sheet.
The dimensions of the opening of pit (pit is open from above) will be 50cm X 50cm.
Zone A is a horizontal surface (at a height of 45cm from the base of the pit) and it will be of the dimensions 50cm X 60cm. There will be a yellow line marked at a distance of 40cm from the from the nearby edge of the pit opening.
Zone B will have walls of height 10cm at its boundaries. There will be a spring loaded door / gate of height 10cm and width 40cm in the boundary wall as shown. The gate will have two opening halves of 20cm each.
Zone C will be on the same level as that of the base of the pit.

The base of the pit (horizontal plane, dimensions 50cm X 50cm) is the Starting Zone.

--- End quote ---

INS-ANI:
Machine dimension :30 cm X 30 cm X 30 cm at the beginning of the game
The external wired remote control used to control the machine manually is not included in this size constraint.
During the game, the machine can expand or detach itself into multiple parts provided it does not damage the arena in any way.

Danish Boy:
to survives a fall of 45cm, you need a rugged robot, and for example combat robots. They should be able to handle that "abuse" so look at some different ones, and it might give you an idea of what it will take to make your robot rugged. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version