Author Topic: 7th axis question  (Read 4658 times)

Offline jake minnsTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
7th axis question
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:31:48 PM »
I now have a FANUC 2000iB robot with a R-J3iC controller.  I am using a 7th axis on the robot as a turntable, to rotate the piece as the robot is working on it.  I have some tooling that comes out and attaches to the the axis in portions of the cycle.  When in TEACH it is possible to have the tooling out (attached to the 7th axis) and then rotate the axis, destroying the tooling.  What i want to know is, is there a way to disable the 7th axis (or whole group as the axis is on group 2) using a digital input.  The trick is i need the robot to keep moving.  I realize in a program i can avoid this using logic,  but i want to disable the axis in teach, but only that axis.  Also I am not using a PLC.  I could cut the cable to the 7th axis motor and have it running though a contactor that is activated by the tooling not being present.  But i dont want to void my FANUC warranty.  Any help would be great.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: 7th axis question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 09:16:37 AM »
Hmmm I'd recommend contacting FANUC on that one.

It's typically not a good idea to disable anything in teach mode so that on an actual run it remains the same.

What about removing the tooling? Or using 'fake' sacrificial tools with the proper dimensions?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list