Author Topic: Xbox 360 Remote Controlled Robot  (Read 12050 times)

Offline ParthTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Xbox 360 Remote Controlled Robot
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:56:54 PM »
Hi all! I've recently been looking up robot videos and came across many robots which were controlled by an Xbox 360 controller. I was thinking about buying RC equipment for robots, but I did not want to spend around $100 for something that seemed so easy to do. Luckily, I have an Xbox 360! So, i was wondering if any of you knew how to control an RC homemade robot with my Xbox 360 controller. Thanks in advance!

Offline ddemarco5

• Helpful? 0
Re: Xbox 360 Remote Controlled Robot
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 07:18:37 PM »
There are some programs that allow you to hook up wired/wireless controllers, assign commands to their buttons, I saw one program that let you hook up 360 and Wii controllers. Just google around and you should find some.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:40:43 PM »
Ok, thanks! I'll see if I can do it.

Offline Darkbluestar

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 12:08:43 AM »
I did this not too long ago http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=4058.0

I did it by communicating to my robot using my computer over a wireless connection(xbee modules). The computer interprets the signals from the controller and tells the robot what to do. The range is only dependent on the wireless modules you use. If you need any help just send me a message and I can help.

Offline pomprocker

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
    • Nerdcore - Programming, Electronics, Mechanics
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:05:06 AM »
If you look in the book Robot Builders Bonanza 3rd edition, they talk about how to use a video game controller to control your robot, and show you how.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »
OK, once I find the materials and time, I'll definately command my robot with my Xbox 360 controller. Thanks for the help!

Offline damanfb

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 12:33:43 AM »
If you look in the book Robot Builders Bonanza 3rd edition, they talk about how to use a video game controller to control your robot, and show you how.

Hey where in the book did you find that?  I can only find about using an IR remote and it doesn't give much info. 

Get Your Ad Here

data_list