Author Topic: New in AXON microprocessor and Visual Navigation System  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Jun2xTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
New in AXON microprocessor and Visual Navigation System
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:07:59 AM »
Hello,

I'm new member here... I'm done of creating robots that navigates using IR and Lights sensors, and solving maze etc... now I want to proceed something new... I researched and I found this site and having a microprocessor which is advance and new for me... the AXON and AXON II which I prepare is the AXON II.

I wan't to build a robot that will navigate inside my house (still inside my house..he..he..he..) but this time I want to use an AXON ll microcontroller and microcam for navigation (I read also from the link here... RoboRealm) may I know or someone can suggest what is the ideal and cheapest cam that I will used that will be supported by AXON II? by the way I can say that I'm good in programming C, Visual Basic, and PHP may be programming is hot hard for me...

I found this product... http://www.robotshop.com/world/productinfo.aspx?pc=RB-Fds-15&lang=en-US or http://www.robotshop.com/world/productinfo.aspx?pc=RB-Fds-16&lang=en-US can someone suggest or recommend?

thanks,

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: New in AXON microprocessor and Visual Navigation System
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:07:03 AM »
I think the problem you'll have with those cameras is that they don't do real-time footage. Instead they take stills ever few seconds, send it (slowly!) via serial, and then take another pic...  The Blackfin camera (three times as expensive, alas) is one that has been used by others here with the Axon/II, and there's code for it.  I don't know much in the way of camera's for autonomous bots, so I can't help you further :/
I

Get Your Ad Here

data_list